Thursday, July 8, 2010

Developing Personal GAME Plan - EDUC 6713

The indicators I chose were #1, to Facilitate and Inspire students learning and creativity, and #4 Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility from the National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T):

G = goals:
1. To have students working more on researching , analyzing and drawing comparisons to real world issues globally and within the United States. One example I already work with is working /mental conditions in India's call centers. They could be compared to auto factory jobs here in the US?
2. Continue to model and teach validity of websites and proper citation for all information obtained on the web.

A = action
1. One example I already work with is working /mental conditions in India's call centers. They could be compared to auto factory jobs here in the US?
2. Use the website example that was used in my EDUC 6712 class to determine the validity of websites. Also, include explanations and example of how to tell if a website has good information. Included would be definitions and example of website addresses ending in .gov, .edu, .com, .org, etc.

M = monitor
1. I will check for understanding periodically by including questions in warm-ups/bell work.
2. Have students demonstrate/model for the class how to tell if a website is valid and has good information.

E = evaluate and extend
1. If I see students are struggling, I will go back and look for other ways that I could explain and model things.
2. Get feedback from students and colleagues on what if anything could be done differently?
3. Continually modify and tweak methods and projects for student’s achievement.

National Education Standards for Teachers (NETS-T) located at http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf

3 comments:

  1. Michael,

    I liked your approach to monitoring your students. I think that monitoring your students during their bell work / warm up because it happens each and every day. It is a great way to make sure that you are monitoring their progress on a daily basis. Do you think that you should or will crate a simple rubric to grade them on their progress?

    I also want to make sure that you focus on asking and using your students’ feedback about their progress. It seems so simple but it is usually the one thing that is easily forgotten.

    Good luck!
    Michael Henry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting students feedback. I do it ona regular basis, whether its on a video clip, project, etc. I do take into account their feedback a lot. I even tell different hours what others had to say after I ask their opinion too. Thanks for the input!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to have the time to start each class with a warm up. Art in 40 minutes is not something that is conducive to any "spare time".

    I get my feedback monthly from my students at the end of each project. It is much easier for me to see when a student doesn't get it. I can have a quick refresher or teachable moment and the student can get back on task.

    If you switch to project based learning and collaborative groups, you will find your students will reinforce each others learning and comprehension. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete