Thursday, July 22, 2010

Monitoring Your GAME Plan Progress EDUC 6713

As I continue working on my GAME plan, I have encountered few problems. Most of the resources I need are already available in our computer lab at school, including computers, internet access, and a variety of programs for students to use. If they will be using VoiceThread, it is just a matter of going in and setting it up. I also figure that if they would like to search for clips and ideas on Unitedstreaming, I will give them my login information. I plan to use some of the same websites we had for my previous class from Walden University, EDUC 6712. I have also started compiling a list of websites to include.

Overall, I am pretty happy with my action plan. However, one of my problems is that school is not in session and class lists have not been established yet, so it is hard to determine exactly what my students needs will be. With no IEPs or 504s, I can only make tentative ideas for them.

I have also learned that overall, this has been a fairly easy process. Plus, the more I play around with some of the programs, I am becoming more and more comfortable with them. Basically, it gets me excited about school getting closer to starting back up, so I can put some of my ideas into action. I have talked to a couple of fellow staff members with some ideas and they have been helpful, but mostly want to wait until school is back in session.

As of now, no new questions have popped up, however, I'm sure given time they will. My brain always seems to be running 100 miles an hour!

4 comments:

  1. Mike,

    It great to read your post and know that I am not alone. What I mean by that is that I also find it challenging to focus on my GAME plan when schools are not in session. What I have done thus far is gather information, bookmarked websites but I cannot set up specific assignments without knowing what the stduents will need. I love how you already started compiling a list and it seems you will be off to a great start when schools begins.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike:
    One year I was still getting my classes as last as November. Talk about not being able to prepare. I don't get what the big secret is.

    Anyway, you seem to be confident and rolling along as I am. I did find two great links for you to check out. Go to my blog and you will find a link to a reference booklet for us to keep as a pocket guide. It will be very handy for you to use with the kids.

    Enjoy the rest of this class and the balance of summer. I go back Aug 23rd. Too soon. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    I am in the same boat as you are. My school is not in session and I still do not have my class list yet. What is really frustrating is when they give me the list and then they change it right before the first day of school.

    The only way to learn a new program is to do nothing but play around with it. I usually make a fake student in a new program and complete whatever I am asked them to do. This will answer a lot of the silly questions that your students usually will have.

    Are you going to be using a Wiki or a Blog to place all of your websites that you are saving? I think that the easiest thing to do is to create a Wiki. This will give your students a common place to go and find your classroom resources. Plus it is an easy way for you do grading based on not only content, but participation too.

    Michael Henry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    It is kind of difficult to apply our GAME plan when class is not in session. Maybe you can use the next three weeks of lesson plans to apply the concepts and goals in your lesson plan. Also, you can plan when you can use the lessons in your class. I think at such a beginning stage that we are in now, it is important to plan as much as we can because when it is happening it can be more difficult to modify.

    As for you resources, I think they will be effective, especially VoiceThread.com. I love that website. I think we must have taken the same last class where we learned about that great resource. Before school starts, I would check out the account restrictions. I know that there are some restrictions on the free accounts. Also, does you school have a web-filter? If so, voicethread.com might be blocked, as it is at my school district.

    Good Luck,
    Richard

    ReplyDelete